Tuesday, January 24, 2006

From Pars to Yehud

Iranian blogger Hossein Derakshan is, hopefully, visiting Israel tomorrow.
If things work smoothly at the Berlin's Schoenefeld Airport, I'll be in Tel Aviv tomorrow morning. This is huge for me.

This might mean that I won’t be able to go back to Iran for a long time, since Iran doesn't recognize Israel, has no diplomatic relations with it, and apparently considers traveling there illegal. Too bad, but I don't care. Fortunately, I'm a citizen of Canada and I have the right to visit any country I want.

As a citizen journalist, I'm going to show my 20,000 daily Iranian readers what Israel really looks like and how people live there. The Islamic Republic has long portrayed Israel as an evil state, with a consensual political agenda of killing every single man and woman who prays to Allah, including Iranians.

I'm going to challenge that image.

One of the cooler things I've heard lately. I don't know enough about the situation to know how gutsy this is, but it sure is encouraging.

Via Velveteen Rabbi

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
'